what is Optimize Images ?
images on the webpage can be optimized to reduce their size without significantly impacting their visual quality.
Properly formatting and compressing images can save many bytes of data. This saves time for users on slow connections and money for users on limited data plans.
How To Optimize Images ?
1. Crop your images to remove any whitespace around the image and use CSS to provide padding.
2. Use proper file formats.
- PNGs are almost always superior to GIFs, although some older versions of browsers may only have partial support for PNG.
- Use GIFs for very small or simple graphics (e.g. less than 10x10 pixels, or a color palette of less than 3 colors) and for images which contain animation.
- Use JPGs for all photographic-style images.
- Do not use BMPs or TIFFs.
3.Save your images in the proper dimensions. If you are having to use HTML or CSS to resize your images, stop right there. Save the image in the desired size to reduce the file size.